Friday, November 1, 2013

Mission Statement

What I offer here is for no other purpose but to share. I do not claim to be a writer or an aspiring one. Tinkering comes naturally to me and, among other things, I like to tinker with words (or so it seems anyway). Exactly how I got here is rather boring.

I have found that at some of the most unexpected and oft completely random instances I am compelled to write down stuff (as I refer to it). More precisely, these words are about what I am seeing, hearing, feeling, you name it, at any idle moment. As busy as I am, I am amazed my mind even has idle time. Obviously it does. But for this stuff? Who'd a thunk it? More recently, being a bit of a geek, I've collected voice memos sent to self for the same purpose when I am without pen and notebook. What I've collected is substantial but nothing too noteworthy.

I refer to my stuff, study it on occasion, but never really paid it too much mind. Not until I started piecing a few stuffs together and then it clicked. It gave me the same feeling as with bristle blocks as a toddler, and later on too when I graduated to legos (the big time, lol). So what I've done here is create a place to share my stuff, some of which after being pieced together and polished dare I say could be considered poetry. Well, that's not for me to decide so I leave it in the capable hands of readers in the web. I assume most who will stumble upon this blog will have a better grasp on writing, poetry and things of that ilk. I welcome questions, critiques, praise with equal curiosity.

Lastly, I hope some can find a few things or at least something interesting among my stuff. Thank you.

SYS

No comments:

Post a Comment